summer

Thursday, September 29, 2011

An update much overdue!

Well TONS has happened since March.  But I will just hit a few highlights!

First, Braden and I celebrated our 1 year anniversary! (Man how time flies!)  For our anniversary we decided to do a quick get away.  So we went to Midway and stayed at the Homestead! It was tons of fun!  We stayed in a newer room that was nice and cozy! We went to dinner at this very delicious restaurant in Midway ( I don't remember the name). The next morning we ate breakfast and got to play 9 holes of golf!  We were supposed to do 18 but I got tired after 9 and they let us get a voucher to come back and do the other 9 another time!
Pulling into the Homestead

Our cute little room

The nice bathroom
Second, I was so happy to have Jordan and Heather and the girls come visit during the summer!  I didn't think that I was going to get to see them until Christmas, but they decided to fly to Utah for a visit!  Of course typical me.. I didn't get many pictures when they were here.  I guess I was just so busy enjoying my time with them.  I wish I had more of Hadlee! She was so cute, and such a chunk!! One fun thing we did was going to Lagoon!  Jadyn loved it!  I didn't know how many rides she would want to go on, but she did them all!  She was so brave! Her most favorite ride was the Tidal Wave!  She wanted to keep going on it over and over again!

 Here is Jadyn's little head poking out of the whale ride, sadly this is the only picture I got!

This year the 4th of July was the big Henrie BBQ so Braden and I were in Richfield.  Braden got off work a couple of days early and we headed down with Sharidan and the boys. 
(SIDE NOTE:  For anyone that doesn't know, Braden had/has a funny relationship with Wade and Sharidan and their family.  Braden was there when Wade first asked Sharidan out. Braden was there for a lot of Wade and Sharidans dating time. Braden was there when Wade and Sharidan brought Griffin home from the hospital and helped out for the first little while. And so on and so on... Pretty much, wherever Wade and Sharidan were, there was Braden.  So, Sharidan's family knows Braden pretty well by now.)


When we go down with Wade and Sharidan to Richfield we stay in Annabelle at Sharidan's moms house.  She is so sweet to always let us stay!  This time we actually got to go to the Anderson Cabin! We had such a good time!  We ate lots of junk, hung out and talked, shot some guns, and went and played in a little stream.  All the kids loved playing in the water, but the two that loved it the most were Briggs and Braden! 

Briggs loved throwing rocks in the stream! We would gather a few for him and he would just pick them up and throw them in, pick them up and throw them in, over and over!  He could have stayed there throwing rocks all day!

The kids wanted to build a little dam so Braden decided to help.  The kids gave up after a short time, but not Braden! He was just working away at the little dam!



The rest of the 4th was great (even if the boys left to play golf)! We did the Richfield parade in the morning. We had dinner at Grandma and Granpa Henrie's with the whole family.  Then we headed to Rob and Deanne's house for floats and fireworks! It was great fun! The Richfield fireworks are the best ever! Plus the neighborhood does their own pretty impressive show.
A couple of weeks later we were back in Richfield for Robyn and Tyson's wedding!  We are so happy for them! 

At the end of July we went to the Katy Perry concert!We had such a blast with Wade, Sharidan, and Natalie!


One of our friends and Bradens co-worker Justin owns a very nice boat!  He is nice enough to let us borrow it every once in a while!  So at the beginning of August we took the boat for a week up to the cabin and Jordanelle!  We had a lot of people come visit!  Most people could only come for a day so we had different people with us everyday!  We had such a good time!
Braden wake boarding

Blenda, Stormy, and I  tubing

Kaylee, Ashley, and Amy


One weekend at the end of August Braden was doing a dealer trade for his dad.  He had to drive a car to Rigby and bring a car back.  Well my daddy was out of town so we decided to invite my momma along for the ride!  We were just going to go straight there and straight back.  Then Braden got this great idea that we should go to Jackson Hole.  Well story of my life, we were very unprepaired.  We had to find the distribution center to get underwear, find an All-A-Dollar to buy toothbrushes, then we bought sweats in Jackson.  We really had a great time! We shopped and went to dinner in Jackson. 


The next morning my momma took us to the girls camp that she used to go to when she was younger. You can also go there for family reunions and such. I had been here before but not since I was little and had always wanted to return.  My grandpa had built a GIANT slide there.  So we went down the slide a few times(thats all you can do since climbing the stairs is such a workout), and swung on the giant swings.



Braden going down the slide

 Momma and I swinging

My momma also took us to a lake that she used to camp and boat at.  Hopefully we can go back and camp as a family again.



We recently got back from Lake Powell.  Justin is so awesome and let us take the boat again!  We brought Rodger and Cortney and met up with Colby, Heather, and Colby's family and friends. We had a pretty good time.  I can't wait to go back again! I just love Lake Powell!





Probably my most favorite part of the Lake Powell trip was how I got there.  Braden left Thursday with Rodger and Cortney.  Unfortunately,  I couldn't leave until Friday due to school.  So, Braden arranged to have his uncle Rob pick me up at the Bountiful Skypark and FLY me to Lake Powell! It was so awesome!  I had never ridden in such a little plane!  Rob was so awesome and kept telling me how things worked and where were at and such!  It was so pretty to fly first over the city, then the mountains, then over the desert! 
Thanks Rob for the ride!

Well last but definitely not least I started Weber States Dental Hygiene Program this fall! I already love it! It is so much fun! The girls (and 2 boys) in my class are so awesome! It's a lot of work and sometimes very stressful but I konw it's worth it!
This last weekend was Utah Dental Hygiene Association Convention at the Little America
Karlie, Kristen and I at convention

Mckinlei, Karlie, Olivia, Kayla, Me and Megan

I am so excited for the rest of the program! So far we have learned how to probe, explore, and next week we will learn to scale! I will continue to update on my progress in the program!

3 comments:

  1. Chelsea what a fun summer you had! I loved reading about all of your fun get aways! :) and you have been married for just over a year!! Its kind of crazy to think about, don't you think?! Well congrats on your marriage and getting into the dental hygiene program! Hope all is well! PS happy late birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chels! I miss you! I am so glad that you updated your blog. I MISSED YOUR BIRTHDAY! I am the WORST friend ever! I am sorry. I owe you! I will call you next time I come up and we will go get treats and celebrate! I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember you and your mom telling me about your grandpa's slide. It's huge! And it looks like a ton of fun! I'm glad you guys had such a fun summer. I know you're super busy with classes and everything but let's plan a fun weekend sometime soon :) love ya!

    ReplyDelete